Friday, July 24, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

My latest letter to the editor finally succeeded in pissing off at least one dipdog* to the point of personal attack! And the surprise is, one of the liberal regulars that usually slams me actually stood up for my right to freedom of speech!

Here's the letter, published in today's paper:

Why is Barack Obama so angry?
I tried to watch Obama’s press conference on health care reform, but all I could hear was an angry, defensive voice that got louder as he spoke. All I could see was the scowl on his face and his eyes moving rapidly back and forth while reading his teleprompter. I saw him angrily pounding his fist on the lectern many times. I had to turn my television off after just 15 minutes.
As an American, I take offense at the tone of Obama’s speech and his defensive attitude. I do not appreciate being lectured, hollered at or scolded by any politician. I do not appreciate a politician – especially one who claims to be the president – displaying his temper and apparent violent tendencies on national television.
Obama and his administration are obviously spinning out of control. A confident leader doesn’t need to resort to harsh words or angry gestures to get the point across – unless of course, he has something to hide.

And here are some of the comments posted online:

Wendy, they don't call you folks Graham Crackers for no reason.
What the hell does that mean? I've heard the term before, but when I asked this person whether Graham Cracker was a racial slur, he suddenly went offline. Hmmm.

Ah, classic Wendy Lake bias. I remember her letters from the Bush years.
I really liked this one, especially since I didn't come to politics until 2004. And I don't recall writing any LTE's about GW.

Wendy routinely refers to President Obama as Bobo. It's hard to view her letter as being objective. Overly dramatic, yes.
This guy is obviously a fan of mine, or he wouldn't remember what I call the fraud in the White House. Of course I'm bias! I'm a REPUBLICAN.

From the same person as above:
This letter tries to raise suspicions about motives that don't exist. I watched the same thing that Wendy did and saw no such display of anger.

And my personal favorite:

I am so tired of Wendy Lake. The problem with Wendy Lake is that she has nothing positive to say about this administration which shows her bias. I would say the same thing about someone who criticized Bush about every little nuance. I am so tired of looking at the paper and seeing Wendy Lake - Graham. I appreciate someone who has an opinion that is articulate and well thought out and not one that simply attacks. For Wendy, to attack Barack Obama because she sees him as angry is playing on sterotypes and she should be ashamed, but she is not because she thinks she is helping. She is not. So Wendy do us a favor. SHUT UP. You hurt this country far more then you help it. GO AWAY WENDY LAKE.
If this person aimed to offend me, they are way off the mark. My first thought was, damn! I'm famous! My second thought was, mission accomplished! I managed to really get under this dipdog's skin! YAY!

But even more surprising was this post by the same guy that labeled me "overly dramatic":
Wendy Lake has every right to express her opinion; like it or not.

Isn't that great!

And lastly, this comment:
Not your best work, Wendy...
and right after that, by the same person:
PS - keep writing!

I'll do that Denis. Look for my next letter in about 30 days.

God Bless America, and ALL Americans! Sorry Bobo... this obviously does not include you.

*Dipdog is a classic "Wendyism"








No comments:

Post a Comment