Thursday, June 4, 2009

Heat + Full Moon = Rotten Package

Today is Thursday. It's after 9:00 and it's 77 degrees outside. It was 90 today and yesterday out here in Graham. The full moon is this Sunday.

Put the heat and the full moon together and you get one rotten package. I'll take Halloween any day in exchange for the weirdos that come out on hot evenings and full moons.

Call me superstitious if you wish (I am, to a point); I know all about it because I've been tracking the full moon phenomena for years. You see, I'm Cancer the Crab, a moon child.

This past week has been nothing short of a nightmare for the Pierce County Sheriff's Department. So far, some of the crap they've had to deal with includes two murders, the discovery of a missing little girl's body, and an armed robbery/execution of an innocent citizen in three days.

Tonight, a hot wind is blowing at a pretty good clip and the north sky is dark but the rain has not yet fallen. I've been listening to my scanner for a couple hours and so far have heard reports of three suspected DUI's, two domestic disturbances, suicide threats, one woman being arrested at "my" Arco (224th & Meridian), a report of a tree falling on a moving, occupied car, and more wrecks, road rage and fist fights than I can count.

I've had a weird day myself. My cats are running amok, my dog is afraid of the wind and I endured a virtual rain of mini-pine cones and other pollinated things pelting me like BB's. My neighbor's dog escaped and I had to run after her in 90 degree heat. There's a juvenile squirrel that has learned how to raid my bird feeder, a crow that thinks my dog's pool is it's kitchen sink, and a neighborhood cat that uses my hasta garden as a litter box. Nevertheless, my problems are pretty trite compared to the people that put their lives on the line for us every single day.

I commend Sheriff Pastor and his most awesome deputies and dispatchers for their ability to work together and get the job done - which is to protect us. Knowing what I do about the staffing of the PCSD, their performance is just short of miraculous. I guess that's why they are regularly featured on "Cops". And don't underestimate my rhetoric about the full moon and the heat... the theory has been proven... and the combination is sure to cause any unstable person to twist off... okay, and some of us "stable" people as well (sorry Matt).

My suggestion is that everyone lay low as close to their home as possible until Tuesday.

Take good care, and please, drive defensively!

Breezie

****************************************************************************
A link to Breezie's Blog is now on the Tacoma News Tribune's recommended list. Go www.thenewstribune.com and click on the blogs tab at the headline banner. I hope you will add Breezie's Blog to your favorites or as a follower, and check back often for updates.
****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment