Tuesday, June 2, 2009

PCO's - All Talk, No Action - a BIG mistake

Dear Fellow Precinct Committee Officers of the PCRP:

I take my duties as an elected PCO very seriously. Things have happened really fast for me during the past four years. I went from the typical lethargic lemming excuse, "I can't do anything about it anyway" and didn't register to vote until I was over 40 - only because of the Dino Rossi double-screw job. Within a year of joining the PCRP, my predecessor and mentor Eddie Hamilton, passed the Precinct 026 torch to me. I worked hard on the campaigns of 2006, my first political experience. I was totally hooked. I found my new "home".

I am proud to be an American, and a Republican. I love my precinct. I love my hometown of Graham. My mission - OBLIGATION - as an elected PCO is to recruit as many conservatives as possible. I am continuously on the "elephant hunt". I am well known - fondly actually - in "Downtown" Graham: Safeway, Walgreens, and Caroll's Corner as the local(loco?)Radical Republican (aka Right Wing Extremist). I am NOT AFRAID to show my disdain for Bobo the Puppet Liar. People come up to me all the time and want to talk about how Obama and his Puppet Masters are destroying our country day by day.

The PCO's are the important ones in the grand scheme of things. We ARE the PCRP - the "congress" if you will. Pierce County is ripe for the pickin'. Yet it's the same small core of people that actually attend district PCO meetings. For that matter, we can't seem to even fill up a Central Committee meeting.

I am irritated that several PCO's in the 2nd District have never attended a meeting or bothered to meet any of us. We have no idea who they are. I still have a "newly elected" PCO's basic binder that has been riding around in my car for seven months. I contacted the person via email that they needed to pick it up from me at the next meeting. Then the person asked me to mail it to them, of which I declined. It was not my responsibility to spend my own money to mail the binder to them. The person has never asked me about it again, and they have yet to attend a meeting as far as I know.

I wish the PCO's that can't commit to helping promote the Republican Party as they were ELECTED or APPOINTED to do, would resign and pass the torch to somebody in their neighborhood that can do the job.

Yes, we are volunteers; no, we don't get paid; and yes, we spend our own time and money, often without reward or recognition. But to me, seeing my name on the ballot last August, and receiving my certificate of election made me realize the importance of being a PCO. We took an oath to be the leaders in our own neighborhoods. We are an essential part of the political process.

So many times at various meetings I've heard "let's do this" or "let's do that". But nothing ever comes of it. At the least, nobody tells me if it does. (And if I ever find out that I was deliberately left out of ANYTHING, as a PCO, I will SCREAM LIKE A SMASHED CAT.)

So, here's a plea to the absentee PCO's: Please get involved, or give up your seat.

God Bless America - and ALL Americans!

Wendy




No comments:

Post a Comment