Monday, April 6, 2009

Five Unexpected Angels

Once again, the extended community of Graham must cope with a devastating loss of our children, this time due to the incomprehensible, violent, murderous act of their own father.



I'm sure my neighbors are aware that I can be overly protective of my immediate neighborhood. I don't mean to be the cop of the cul-de-sac, but I can't help it. I have no patience for stupid people. Those who let their pets run loose, drive too fast, are too loud and have no regard for others. I admit it - I'm the one that polices the 'hood.



Even though I have lived through a couple of neighbor disputes, and perhaps there are some that resent me for "sticking my nose in their business" (I've had to deal with dogs running loose from three different irresponsible households) but I'd bet if their homes were being burglarized, or God forbid a domestic situation was going on, and I was the one that noticed and called 911 these same people would appreciate my vigilance - but only if they were the victims and not the perpetrators.



The father that aimed a rifle at his five children and shot them each several times - the last putting up enough of a fight to wreck the bathroom - should have been reported long before he snapped. I went to the murder site this afternoon to pray for the children. Those mobile homes are barely 20 feet apart. I find it very hard to believe none of the neighbors heard the gunshots, or at the very least, the last terrified daughter screaming and pleading and physically fighting with her own father, begging him not to kill her.



Of course, I wasn't there and I can't say what happened. What I can say, is it's better to be vigilant and aware of your surroundings, and don't be afraid to get involved. Better to possibly save the lives of women, children and even pets by calling the authorities than to worry about whether or not your scumbag neighbor causing the trouble will be pissed at you for it... right? There are too many people out there that don't want to get involved, mostly for fear of retaliation. I'd rather be known as the tattletale than to wake up to murdered children in my neighbor's house.



I hope everyone will think about these five unexpected angels this Easter week, and include them in your prayers.



God Bless America, and ALL Americans - and God Bless the children.



Breezie

No comments:

Post a Comment