Sunday, March 29, 2009

As many of you know, I try to get one letter a month published in the Tacoma News Tribune. I usually wait until the middle of the month so I can be sure I'm writing about the juiciest topic that will stir up the people and hopefully mobilize some of them into action.

Yet here it is, the 29th of the month, and I have not yet submitted a letter. Why? Because every time I pick a scandal to comment on, another pops up right behind it. I simply can't decide what to write about there's so much crap going on right now.

Last week, on national television, Bobo thought he was making a funny when he likened his bowling ability to "watching the Special Olympics". Now, I am by far politically incorrect but this comment really pissed me off. The remark was so outright bigoted and just plain wrong in so many ways yet Bobo was NOT made to apologize and there was NO public outcry. And even if he did apologize, he said it because he was thinking it. Can you imagine if George Bush had said something like, "I can't play basketball because I'm not black"? He would have been burned at the stake.

And what about those weekly White House cocktail parties? You're paying for them, have you received your invitation yet? Why does Bobo continue to get away with not producing his original birth certificate? My mom gave me a copy of my original birth certificate once - it was white lettering on a black background and had all these information boxes - not just the basic mother and father stuff, but the hospital, delivering doctor, weight, length, time, date, etc.

A couple of years ago I was going to Canada and since my birth certificate was packed away, I decided to get a certified copy instead of trying to find the original. I was able to do so online, and the result was a form very similar to the one Bobo submitted: certificate of live birth form with gilded edges, my birthdate, name, gender, city born, mother & father's name and ages at the time, and their respective birthplaces (state only). That's all. No hospital, doctor, weight, length, time, any of that truly certifiable stuff.

Today I turn my computer on and read this headline from MSNBC: GM BOSS TO STEP DOWN AT WHITE HOUSE REQUEST. What??? Bobo insisted on giving them OUR money with no stipulation on how they are to spend it then doesn't approve so he forces a businessman to resign? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against the bailouts of big business and banks. My problem is, since when does the president get to fire civilians???

My non-partisan neighbor said to me today, "I know, I hate what's going on but there's nothing I can do about it". My answer: HELL YES YOU CAN!!! I am!

I wear my NOBOMA button wherever I go. People walk up to me all the time and say "I like your button!" or "I like your bumper stickers!" I get this every day from people at the grocery store (including some of the checkers and the manager), the feed store, Fred Meyer, even church.

The American people are beginning, rather rapidly, to figure out that Barack Obama is a very dangerous man. He hasn't even made it through the first 100 days and he's managed to screw up every good thing and the progress of racial relations in America. He can't even fill his cabinet! Last I looked, Bobo's ratings dropped to 55 percent vs. the 80 something when he took office.

No comments:

Post a Comment